German Chocolate CakeMother’s Day, Father´s Day, Dessert, Baking, Spring, Summer,
Chocolate cake with a difference! Typical of the German Chocolate Cake is the coconut pecan filling. Pecans - full of high quality nutrients!
Used SENNA Products:
• Best binding properties for short-crust pastry
• Aroma withstands the baking process
• Ideal for short-cut pastry and yeast dough
Art.Nr.: 1212201 | 10kg (4 x 2,5kg)
SENNA Melange universal
• 10% butterfat
• Good overrun
• For short-crust pastry and cremes
Art.Nr.: 1214220 | 10kg (4 x 2,5kg)
SENNA Schoko Sauce
• For pepping up desserts, ice-cream sundaes, cremes and puddings
• For making coulis
• Ready to serve – can be used hot or cold
• Fine chocolate flavour
Art.Nr.: 1243190 | 1,4kg (6 x 1,4kg)
- Whip the margarine and icing sugar, salt and vanilla, gradually adding the egg yolks.
- Melt the chocolate with the hot coffee and stir. Fold into the butter mixture.
- In the meantime, beat the egg whites with 50g sugar until stiff.
- Mix flour with baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Fold the egg whites under the butter mixture, mix in the flour mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a springform pan (28cm) and bake at 170 °, falling to 160 °.
- For the filling:
- Heat the margarine with the sugar, coffee cream, salt, vanilla and yolk in a saucepan - bring to the boil briefly, allow to cool.
- Roughly chop the pecans and fold into the mass with the coconut flakes.
- Cut the cooled cake base twice across and fill with the pecan-coconut mixture.
For the topping: put some of the filling on top and decorate with SENNA chocolate sauce, drawing fine lines.