The small, savory yeast dough pockets are perfect as finger food for many occasions.
Used SENNA Products:
SENNA Cucina Italiana Antipasti Mix
• Mediterranean-style tomatoes, peppers, courgettes and onions marinated in sunflower oil
Art.Nr.: 1249557 | 1kg (4 x 1kg)
Monini Classico natives Olivenöl extra
Art.Nr.: 1249603 | 3l (4 x 3l)
- To make the pizza dough, mix the flour together with the water and yeast.
- Add the Monini Classico olive oil after mixing for 1 – 2 minutes.
- Continue mixing the dough for approx. 6 – 8 minutes and add the salt shortly before the end of the mixing period.
- Then knead the dough for approx. 4 – 6 minutes so that it is malleable.
- The temperature of the dough should be 22 – 24 °C. Let the dough stand for 15 – 20 minutes.
- At the end of this period, tear off approx. 40 g pieces of dough and work into firm balls, place in a plastic container, seal well and chill at 2 – 5 °C for approx. 2 – 6 hours so they develop the optimum taste.
- Before preparing the Mini-Calzone, let the pieces of dough acclimatize for approx. 20-30 minutes at room temperature – this further encourages the yeast’s activity!
- To make the filling, finely chop the SENNA Antipasti Mix and onions. Then brown in Monini Classico olive oil and mix together with the remaining ingredients.
- Finally, season to taste with salt, pepper and oregano.
- To make the Mini-Calzone, turn the dough balls (40 g each) in coarse-grained wheat flour, press flat and pull out to a diameter of approx. 10 cm.
- Spread approx. 30 – 40 g of the filling onto one half of the dough with a gravy spoon and fold the second half over this.
- Press the edges of the dough together and bake at 250 °C for approx. 8 – 12 minutes.
Bring some variety into your menu and fill the Mini-Calzone with different antipasti or pasta sauces from the SENNA Cucina Italiana range of products.